Short hairstyles for round faces and thin hair can make a huge impact on the overall appearance of a person. Your haircut can accentuate or camouflage your facial features. So you must choose a hairstyle that flatters your face shape. Women with round face shapes need to avoid hairstyles that emphasize the roundness of their face. Here is a guide to help you avoid this mistake.
First and foremost, you need to find out if you, in fact, have a round face. You will need a tape measure for this. A pen and a piece of paper will also be of incredible help.
- Measure the width of your face. Place the tape measure across the top of your cheekbones. Your starting point should be the outer corner of your left eye. Bring the tape measure across the bridge of your nose towards the end point: the outer corner of your right eye. Record the measurement on the piece of paper.
- Measure the width of your jawline. Your starting point is the base of your ear and the ending point is the tip of your chin. Take the measurement and then multiply by two. The result is the length of your jaw.
- Measure the width of your forehead. Your starting point will be the left side of your forehead and the end point will be its opposite side. Record the number on your paper.
- Measure the length of your face. The starting point should be the middle part of your hairline. Run the measuring tape towards the bottom of your chin.
- You have a round face if the width of your cheeks and the length of your face is almost the same and your forehead is smaller than your cheeks.
There are many factors to consider when choosing a hairstyle. Because of this, there is no one single perfect hairstyle for you. You need to make sure that the cut and style is right for your age, lifestyle, and hair texture. However, there are general rules that can guide you in choosing the right short hairstyles for round faces and thin hair.
- Blunt bangs are a no-no. Go for layered or wispy bangs.
- Short is sweet, but don’t go shorter than chin length.
- The best styles are those that frame your face.
- Keep the curls around the crown but not near the cheeks.
A round face does not mean you are fat. There are many women in Hollywood who have a perfectly round face. They are usually the envy of other women who have angular faces. Once you are sure you have a round-shaped face you need to rejoice. This means you can wear one of the many dazzling short hairstyles for round faces and thin hair.