Short hairstyles for women with round faces have long been considered a beauty faux pas. This was until Hollywood’s most stylish women started sporting pixie cuts, asymmetrical bobs and even undercuts. As long as you are able to style your haircut in a way that it matches your hair texture, you will achieve a look that will wow everyone you meet.
There are a few things to remember, however, when choosing short hairstyles when you have a round face.
- You need to keep away from cuts that fall above your chin. There may be exceptions to this rule, but you have to be careful if you are thinking of not conforming to this popular tip. Additionally, you can play safe by parting your hair in the middle to achieve the curtain effect which slims down the face.
- Dump the straight iron if you have naturally wavy hair. Subtle waves can divert the attention from your round face. Scrunch your hair while it is still a little damp. This will enhance the natural curve of your hair. If you have straight hair, use a 2-inch barreled curling iron to create gentle waves.
- If you want a hairstyle that does not require any ironing or curling, you can try out a pompadour that is edgy and bold. The long backs will only need a short blow drying and you are set to go. The faux Mohawk will make your face look longer, more like oval-shaped rather than round. Remember that short hairstyles for women with round faces should have the volume around the crown.
- You can pull off a classic bob as long as it is at least an inch below your chin. Pair this haircut with long, side-swept bangs to create the illusion of an angle that can cover up the roundness of your face.
- You can wear your naturally curly hair short as long as you keep it free from frizz and breakage. A dime-size mousse or gel will also be necessary to keep the curls from getting unruly especially during windy days. Pair this hairstyle with stylish clothes and elegant makeup to keep you from looking unkempt.
Most women with round faces are actually pretty and attractive. Short hairstyles for women with round faces can enhance your natural beauty if you know what features to add to make your round face look longer or more angular. Whether you are looking for a cut that will make you look younger, edgier, or sophisticated, you can turn to this concise guide when choosing your next short haircut.